Help with GRS Gravermach tuning/setup

Hi everyone....I will apologize in advance if I should be asking this question in a different place...I’m new here. If so, can someone please let me know where to post my question. If not, here it goes.

i have a Gravermach with a GRS 710 QC handpiece that I am finally trying to set up. I have read the manual over and over again regarding tuning the machine and I believe I understand it. My problem is, no matter what I do, the foot pedal does not operate the handpiece. I have tuned and retuned, I have checked connections . If I actually press it down with my heel At the heel end, instead of with my toe (like a gas pedal), I will actually feel my handpiece start to knock a little, but not when I press forward if that makes sense? So I think things are connected but something is just ‘wrong’. I have looked over the diagrams and instructions until I’m almost crazy from them but I can’t figure out where I’ve gone wrong. I have the bias turned off, strokes set at 23 and my air pressure just above 1.5 which is where it stopped knocking when I was tuning.

any ideas? I got this setup from a silversmith shop where the fellow had passe away but it didn’t even look like he had ever set it up....I’m pretty sure everything is good and not broken I just can’t Figure out what I’m doing wrong

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome. if nobody here can help, give a call to grs in emporia. i'm sure they can solve the problem.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The foot pedal might be out of adjustment. GRS has Youtube videos on troubleshooting you should have a look at.

In the mean time, be sure the handpiece is clean and assembled properly. If not, that can cause problems.

The foot pedal might be out of adjustment. GRS has Youtube videos on troubleshooting you should have a look at.

In the mean time, be sure the handpiece is clean and assembled properly. If not, that can cause problems.
Thank you so much.....I’ve located the video on you tube and I’m thinking this will do the trick! I will also double check the handpiece though I’m thinking it’s not the problem but you never know!!!!

Thank you so much to all who answered my question! It WAS the foot pedal adjustment that was needed...lI am so thrilled to have it all working properly now!! ❤️

Latest posts

Sponsors