Hobo with a gold tooth

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Here is a coin carving that i finished today..I haven,t tried to inlay gold in many coins and the little gold tooth took me about a hour to inlay..

Attachments

• MVC-178F.JPG
    MVC-178F.JPG
    2.8 KB · Views: 159
  • MVC-177F.JPG
    MVC-177F.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 198

finn

Elite Cafe Member
great job!

on my last coin i was trying to inlay silver 99% pure . i really dont know how to do it i strugled with it 4HR but was un able to do it . so i gave up.

but your tooth looks nice that small of a gold peice must have been hard to get in the right place.

threefingerdave

Elite Cafe Member
Billzach,
another masterpiece?
you are the man
great job on the inlay.
have you used the sculpting punches that Ray Covers talks about?
Dave

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Dave, I always use punches on certain parts of a carving to give a texture or peened look...I have two that i use most of the time, one has a sharp point, one is blunt..When i took a grs engraving class, Sam was my teacher and showed me how to use them..On this coin carving i used my airtact with a punch to give it the look it has, also i set my airtact to run all the time when i texture or peen a coin..

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
very different,good job. since gold went up to $1000 an ounce and i got out the ball-bat an pliers, we havent seen many people sporting a shinny mouth around here, might be better in your area?

sdcoxx

Elite Cafe Member
Bill,
The detail of your work is always amazing....
The nose, ear, hair and hat are superior....
The gold inlay is "ICING on the cake".
A delight to see your work.
Stephen

Jon C. Dake

Well Bill, another cool coin by a great artist. I like to use gold in my coins when it is appropriate, and your use of gold in this coin is right on.

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Bill, It looks great as usual.
Now the question... Did you carve the whole coin and then add the tooth or did you do the inlay first and carve around it.
Hope all is well.
Keith Pedersen:)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Bill, that's another winner! Classic Billzach carving. Flawless execution. Bravo!

RT Bit and Spur

Elite Cafe Member
Bill
I am impressed with how small you can carve or inlay something and still have it look great.
Rod