Question: how making a disign for a curved surface

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Roger, your first posted series shows the concave part on top of the pistol, you call the "sight channel". It is about 5 mm wide.
It seems most pictures I found on the Internet don't show this on the model 1910.
As my father was a police officer, he also had a "service pistol" and that was also a FN model 10. That one was a bit longer but not in one piece
Here is the model as I have the manual scanned.
So there seems to be different models 10.

I like your post of the Renaissance very much, like the one John showed by the scanned smoke print, so I will try to do that one my way.
I will have some more questions before I start, as I think I have to prepare the outside of the pistol, as it has some small "craters" and scratches.
So I suppose I will have to use some 1200 sandpaper to work on its surface or should it be polished after that?

arnaud

Attachments

• Scan50210 copy.jpg
    Scan50210 copy.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 38

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Arnaud,
From the picture you posted of your model 10 I would not start with 1200 paper.
That will make an old man out of you before you get it ready to engrave.
I would start with 320 paper, followed by 400 and maybe 600 if you want a high finish.
That is if you are going to blue or French Gray finish it.
If you are going to plate it that is another matter and it requires a much finer finish.
Most factory blued guns are 320-400 grit finish.
Best.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i can recall many years ago, a visit paid me by roger. he showed be this "magic" trick of smoking a part. in my then naive state of mind, i was flabbergasted with this amazing
piece of "hi tech" info that roger taught me. still use it today. thanks, roger !

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i can recall many years ago, a visit paid me by roger. he showed be this "magic" trick of smoking a part. in my then naive state of mind, i was flabbergasted with this amazing
piece of "hi tech" info that roger taught me. still use it today. thanks, roger !

You are very welcome. I leared it from my brother who learned it from Lynton McKenzie and...so it goes.