It has arrive!!!

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Kind of takes the Hand out of Hand Engraving though , Doesn’t it ?

Unfortunately yes, it sure does; but remember these mechanical inventions can never replace the unique character true hand engraving delivers.

A great many firearms are today laser engraved...or burned as should be stated. Some are then hand enhanced after being lasered. I forsee this device being look long and hard at by commercial (trophy type) engravers as well as some firearms manufacturers. All in all it should help to increase the value of truly Hand Engraved items.

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
For some it is progress, others a POC. But others that have no interest in hand engraving it is a godsend, it can "engrave" wood for plaques, pens and a million trinkets where true hand engraving is uncalled for.

A little larger it could be a great tool for design layout, lightly laser engraved and then hand engraved.

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have seen this machine in action and it does a great job on wood and does fair on metal but looks nothing like real hand engraving.
It looks like machine engraving. Under the scope it looks like bolino all dots, Not for me for sure.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I have seen this machine in action and it does a great job on wood and does fair on metal but looks nothing like real hand engraving.
It looks like machine engraving. Under the scope it looks like bolino all dots, Not for me for sure.
the dots show cause the dude operating the machine didn't know how to convert raster to vector !

monk

Staff member
I'd love to play with this thing!
sam: put on yer longjohns, it's cold up here. you can fiddle with my laser. mine is large enough to do most anything, including the one shown.
lasers have their place in this world, but not a trinket like that.

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
I gotta read up on this stuff..........................thanks for the info

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
could the raster not be used to hand engrave assuming "raster" are the dots?

Sponsors