Jason's work...

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Jason ,
I’ve been interested on your work since you have showed it in the Knife Network Forum, a few years ago.

This thread is very interesting, you’re doing a fabulous work. I’ve enjoyed every picture here and in your web site.

Best regards

Jean

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The main body scrolls are scribed. The corner scrolls outlines are cut lightly.

What is hard to tell by the pictures is the outside edge of the corner scroll is relieved. There is a slight downward ramp so to speak in between the scribes main scrolls and the raised corner... just giving the illusion of being raised.

the edge to the left of this scroll is where the relief starts and fades out

I hope this makes sense:tiphat:

Just to clarify on this - the very slight discoloration to the left of the scroll is where you cut the slight ramp, correct?

Yet another trick I need to write down. That very slight ramp gives a really big effect in the end. Your eye can see that the end scroll is clearly raised above the scroll just to its left, therefore it must be above the whole panel to the left. Makes it look like it rose right out of the metal.

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Outstanding work Jason! I keep going back to gaze at it! Thanks for all the pictures.

Dwayne

jfava

Thank you guys! Steve you are correct and in real life.... lol you cant see the ramp at all. Fools the eye really well so to speak.

Latest posts

Sponsors