pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
#1 Report Post
Old
Today, 09:45 AM
pilkguns's Avatar pilkguns

Platinum
John Rohner Hammer collection auction

John's estate is auctioning off the hammer collection. I am sure everyone will enjoy seeing the pictures supplied.

I plan to be there and hope to be the high bidder . Hopefully Roger Bleile and Paul Hamler will be accompanying me so it will be fun and edifying trip.

I plan to publish a book showcasing each of these as well create a website that will give intimate 360 degree views to fully appreciate the complexity that many of these have.

If you have the financial resources to help me keep these available for study and viewing in the engraving community please contact me . They don't need to stuck in a vault somewhere
https://www.rockislandauction.com/ca...?lotNumber=511

ByrnBucks

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Scott, by no means do I have the hefty financial resources to make a dent in what they may end up going for but am more than willing to throw a 100$ in the pot to help the cause. hopefully you can achieve this noble endeavor of keeping them accessible for study.

monk

Staff member
scott: my wife passed away about a month ago. right now cash is questionable for me at this time.. i will donate 50 us bucks to try and save the collection to a proper place for it. to whom do i make out the check ? address, etc ??

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oh Monk. I'm so sorry. I'm sure you miss her every days

Scott Pilkington
PO Box 70
Monteagle TN 37356

thank you

Last edited:

ByrnBucks

Scott If you have ever setup an old PayPal account, I believe we could click on that an start putting money the jar.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
okay.... my paypal is accounting@pilkguns.com, if somone one wants to send money for the purchase of the hammer collectionm please put engraving or JRR in the message area.

if I don't get it for some reason, then I will refund anything anyone has sent me

ByrnBucks

okay.... my paypal is accounting@pilkguns.com, if somone one wants to send money for the purchase of the hammer collectionm please put engraving or JRR in the message area.

if I don't get it for some reason, then I will refund anything anyone has sent me
Evening Scott, Donated a 100$ to the cause, Good luck hope your able to preserve a bit of history. BB

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
Just donated 50 USD, but forgot to mark the payment with Jrr or engraving. Sorry for that . Good luck at the auction

Jørn-Ove

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wellllllll
Lots of emotions I've been through in the last dozen hours.

i didn't get them. Don't know who did. There were two phone bidders against me and they went on after I had reached my quit number. That I exceeded by 5000 dollars even. That even surprised me I did it and thought I had it then , they we're starting to call it.
Anyway those of you that contributed, Thank you. I will be returning your money on Monday when I get back. Paul Hamler and I are on the way home now. We spent the night in Mount Vernon, Illinois. I spent a lot of last night awake thinking I could have sold this or that and raised more money. I don't know.
I don't know
I don't know
Hopefully whoever got them will be appreciative and we will see them again.

monk

Staff member
sad to hear you didn't get the collection. please keep my donation for yer next engravein or whatever.

Latest posts

Sponsors