just one opinion

el jesús

Hello Masters and fellow engravers.. this is my first post here in this forum and for a long time I wanted to write a post to detach myself little by little from the facebook platform..
First of all I hope from the bottom of my heart that you all have an excellent health and be calm in these times of changes that are coming..
And this is exactly what I wanted to write about, I am concerned about the future of this beautiful art of engraving I am practically young in this world of engraving, I love it and I feel that I have found the profession of my life... and that is why I have some fears and insecurities about the future that awaits us...
I would like and it would help to know the opinion of the Master engravers or anyone who has a clear vision about what is happening or will happen in the future with our beautiful profession...
I send a cordial greeting to all .
Jesus Serrato.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hello Masters and fellow engravers.. this is my first post here in this forum and for a long time I wanted to write a post to detach myself little by little from the facebook platform..
First of all I hope from the bottom of my heart that you all have an excellent health and be calm in these times of changes that are coming..
And this is exactly what I wanted to write about, I am concerned about the future of this beautiful art of printmaking, I am practically young in this world of printmaking, I love it and I feel that I have found the profession of my life... and that is why I have some fears and insecurities about the future that awaits us...
I would like and it would help to know the opinion of the Master engravers or anyone who has a clear vision about what is happening or will happen in the future with our beautiful profession...
I send a cordial greeting to all .
Jesus Serrato.

Hand engraving in general is enjoying a renaissance and more people than engraver are learning the art. As for printmaking I don't know. That's a good question and folks like James Ehlers might have a better take on the state of that section of the engraving arts.

Greetings and welcome to the Cafe!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
you mentioned the word, "profession". if you mean that, in addition to al lthe disciplines engraving requires, developing a sound business plan will be important. few succwde in any business when time is given away.