Knife show demo

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have enjoyed seeing what Sam has done at a couple of shows recently and thought I would inflict my semi-artistic metal butchery from the East coast custom knife show on all of you. I'm not nearly as well planned out as Sam and when I got there I realized I should do something. I started with a plate that already had a scroll design burned on with a laser from Glendo. Judging from the design style I'm guessing Sam drew it up. Now how can a guy go wrong with that. It took me awhile to make all the necessary corrections........just kidding Sam or whoever drew it up. I started cutting and from one of my hallucinations a dragon emerged. A little doodling later and some scratching and this is the hasty result.

Attachments

• DSCF0407.jpg
    DSCF0407.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 321

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
Lee, I really like it .I love the way you have the dragon coming through the design . Great depth. thanks for sharing

Andrew Biggs

Well Lee....................
if thats a hasty result then what happens when you really bend your mind to something!!!!:eek:

I'm sensing some kind of trend here.........dragon guns and now dragon plates.

Wonderful engraving!!!

Cheers
Andrew

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Well Lee, you've taken my pitiful little scrolls and made a masterpiece from them. Absolutely impressive work, especially for a show demo. No doubt the crowd was dazzled and amazed. Please send the plate to me for safekeeping. Cheers! / Sam

Dan Grubaugh

Very cool Lee! I wish my "planned" designs turned out as well as your "hasty" designs!! I always enjoy seeing your work. Thanks for showing.
Dan

TallGary

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I like your dragons, every last one of them. They all radiate a personality, don't know how you do it, but it's there.

Gary

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee, Thanks for posting the finished plate. It was fun to see it in progress, but even better to see it done. :)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
semi artistic metal butchery ? where ? i like gargoyles, griffins, and such. anything fantasy. your dragon, and and the execution thereof looks fine to me !