Laser printer vs inkjet printer.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
they both work well, but the methods of transfer are different. i'm a laser guy, but i believe most engravers are pathetic, sniveling, incompetent inkjet-using hacks. but i don't have any bias about that, it's free country. ;-)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I use a monochrome laser that meets my needs quite well, but there are a lot of advantages to using a transparency sheet for accurately positioning a transfer. I think inkjet is pretty hard to beat, but my old Canon laser is used for printing shipping labels and everything else so I use that. And for most engraving jobs, I draw directly onto the workpiece and don't use transfers.

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Mitch..........I'm glad to see your not sugar coating your true feelings about inkjet users.........if you would try one you would throw away that antique, loud, and puss filled laser thing.

srf

I am a pathetic, sniveling, incompetent inkjet-using hacks. I don.t see how anything could be any better. I think Lazer users just don't know any better.

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
mitch, I thought of Brian when reading your printer diatribe, I miss him too. Your doing a good job of filling in.

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I like an ink jet for positioning designs around screw holes. I have confidence in my drawing but when it comes to making something symmetrical I cannot seem to get the right to look like the left. That's is when I go the computer and a transfer.

srf

maybe, but we are comfortable, even cozy, in our ignorance.
Mitch,
I did NOT send the message that you sent this response to. I've been a member of the Engraver's Cafe since November of 2015, but posted my first and only post (until now) last week on Tuesday with pictures of some of my work. The sender critical of "laser users" has somehow sent his/her post under the use of my "avatar" with my identifying information. I don't know how this happened, how to correct it, or if anything should be done about it. I obviously don't want to be confused with another on this site. Just wanted to let you know.
Steve Fiddler

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
so, Mr. Fiddler (IF that's your real name), how do we know you're the REAL "srf", and not the impostor, hmmm?

we're all just having fun here, so don't worry about it. maybe Sam- site admin & malevolent dictator- can sort that out for you...

Last edited:

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mitch. Jerry Huddleston here. The confusion here is to some degree my fault. Steve and I were signed in under his name while I was showing him some computer tips. I am the one who made that comment as a joke. Sorry for the confusion. While I'm at it. I want you to know that in my opinion, you are a really neat guy. I wished we lived closer. I'm sure we would be good frends.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"Steve and I were signed in under his name while I was showing him some computer tips."

huh. i didn't even know that was possible...

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
oh my, are we living a soap opera now, lol

.....as the vise turns...... hehe

Latest posts

Sponsors