Latest Project

Andy

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Everyone,
I haven't had the time to post very often but I still follow the forum every day.
Here is a folder that I recently completed. It has taken the better part of a year to finish because I have been busy with so many other things.:willy_nilly:
Here is a link to much larger closeup if you like.
Also, for a sense of scale, the handle measures 4" overall.

Last edited:

Patternweldor

Andy, You did an absolutely fantastic job on this piece, The engraving is just teaming with movement, and it balances so nicely, looks like it could come alive any time. Great job on the patternwelded steel, the composition of the steels used, really match the tones of the handle. This one sits high on the shelf....

Thanks so much.
Chris

Jon C. Dake

Well, as usual your engraving is only equaled by your incredible artistry. That is absolutely fabulous and I am sure everyone who looks at it will agree.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Wow, is right. A stunning job!! / Sam
I hope you'll put this in the Gallery.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful work Andy. When you engrave a knife you don't mess around. Great design and layout with just the right amount of gold.

Andy

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the encouragement. To clarify things, I did make the knife as well as do the engraving, but the damascus was made by an old friend named John Etzler. This was a remnant from a billet he made into a sword. The sword was incredible. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be making knives anymore. In fact I can't even seem to get a hold of him. If anyone knows him and knows how to reach him I would like to know.
Thanks.

Andy

Elite Cafe Member
Don,
I won't be at Chicago this year. This is the only knife I have finished and I wasn't sure it would get done so I canceled out on the show. Since the last show I started engraving flutes and it takes most of my time now.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yup is right. Andy, you have a very distinct style and everything i've seen that you have done is nothing short of spectacular.

Thanks for showing it,
Peter

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Andy, You know what I think of your work. You've been inspiring me for some time. I always study your work as much as possible. Like someone said earlier, it looks like its alive, it looks like it could just grow right off the knife. I was griping to myself when looking at the pictures, cause, you know me, I always want close ups :eek: then I read what you said and followed the link, thanks for that added link! Keep up the Awesome work, God bless, Dwayne

Latest posts

Sponsors