LED light ring with adjustable polarizer ring

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
There has been some discussions here about light rings for microscopes, which put to my mind to ask you a question.

Do any of you use an adjustable polarizer ring with your LED light rings and if you do what is your experience?

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a polarizer on my scope (it fits on the LED light). It helps a bit when I'm working, but it really helps when I try to capture pictures and video under the scope. It depends on what you need. The polarizer does a great job on cutting down the glare especially in stone setting and photographing stones/stone setting.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
On my setup (Leica) the diffuser is taken off the LED light and replaced with the polarizer.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I've been meaning to test a polarizer on my scope. I have them for camera lenses and they're designed to work when the light is 90° to the subject. When conditions are right they are magical!

Ronald Scott

I recently added a polarizing filter to my LED ring light. It does wonders for reducing glare on highly polished surfaces. I wish I had acquired one a long time ago.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I recently added a polarizing filter to my LED ring light. It does wonders for reducing glare on highly polished surfaces. I wish I had acquired one a long time ago.

So you have the polarizer on the ring light and not the microscope lens? If so, what kind of polarizer is it that fits a ring light?

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The Leica polarizer that I sell is specifically made to fit the Leica LED light. I haven't seen Leonardo's light, but my guess is that it will not fit. The polarizer works like a charm on the Leica LED light - fits right on and is easy to use. It makes getting that perfect photo or video much less hassle.

Reactions: Sam

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
The Leica polarizer that I sell is specifically made to fit the Leica LED light. I haven't seen Leonardo's light, but my guess is that it will not fit. The polarizer works like a charm on the Leica LED light - fits right on and is easy to use. It makes getting that perfect photo or video much less hassle.
when the ringlight gets here, i'l get back to you on the details to see if it will fit. tyvm