Look Out Engravers

Tom Curran

Elite Cafe Member
I sent this along to my kids and niece; they are all mathematicians. This is a most incredible machine. Seldom do I see such a practical and interesting use of mathematics. Thanks for posting the link.

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
MITCH thats pretty cool as well but I dont know if is would be that great to watch tennis if they used these cameras ?????
Ray

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Ray,

Already working on it :biggrin:

But do imagine attaching an Enset to Leonardo's tool, The Artesa, With the slow pulse rate it should be possible to cut first normally and then attach the handpiece and sculpt the work. Leonardo has improved the machine quite a lot recently . There will be one here in the states soon and then videos showing what it can do. It's ready both software and hardware for the forth axis but it will be some time because of the costs and time for more R&D. All the units will be able to add the forth axis once it's finished.
We will be doing some trials for stone setting I think it is able to do a bright cut and of course we know it can drill and open the hole with bearings for the stones. I think this tool will eventually be something that will save jewelers and engravers a lot of time for production work for sure.

Chris

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Ray,

Thank you for the thread/link!!! I have sent it to all of my family members :)

As a Air Traffic Controller in the military and FAA for the last 26 years I have been privy to a lot of really cool advancements in aviation, but this technology is mindblowing with the possible applications toward advancing safety in so many fields of work...The first thought that accured to me as I was watching it was our (Arizona) recent loss of 19 firefighters. Think of one of those machines the size of a C-130 being remotely flown into an forest fire area, belly full, of fire retardent able to create a safezone for trapped firefighters and be able to extract them as well. I know I'm rambling' but as I get older I find myself wishing we would all be more concerned with things of this nature vs. videogames where we get to pick the type of killer we want to be and how we wanna dress to do it.

Donny

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
That can be said of all technology. From the first wooden spear to all technologies present...it is each persons choice how they are and how they allow others to be...I was just commenting on how OVERLY COOL this technology was...I do not have the grey matter to begin to create technology like that....

Donny

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew you weren't supposed to understand it if you could everone would be do it but then one has to make allowances for the folk living on remote islands, dont get much news from the outside world or it may have something to do with eating fush & chups :rolleyes:
Ray

Latest posts

Sponsors