Help, please: Looking to get a Zippo Engraved(Michigan Area?)

goliath27

New Member, First time poster. How are you guys and gals!

I've always wanted a custom made Zippo with just a simple quote on it. The only issue, is that I can't find an engraver online to do it the way I want it done.

Here is how: I want the engraving along the SIDES of the lighter, and not on the front and the back.

The only problem is that I cannot find any pics of zippos the way I want it(and I don't even know how I want it done to be honest, either a quote all around or a fine quote on just one side?).

Also, as the title states, is there anyone in the Michigan area that would care to take on this task? I personally don't have the skills or the tools to do it myself, but it's just a question to see if anyone would like a side project?

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Do you have the lighter? If so you could post a picture so the engraver can determine if he/she wants the job......

goliath27

I'm in Ohio. That's in the Michigan area---or are you wanting someone in the state of Michigan?

I'm actually from Cleveland and just moved to Michigan. Ohio isn't a problem, just depends on the person who wants to do the job and if they can do one in a different language maybe?

Do you have the lighter? If so you could post a picture so the engraver can determine if he/she wants the job......

I do not, yet. I haven't decided on the finish I want yet, but I do know that I want something that will stand the test of time. My father/grandfather each gave me something as a traditional hand down, and I want to give my son this as my piece of life one day.

Debating between the traditional polished silver, or a dark/black lighter.

goliath27

Just for reference, I wanted to have this as my quote

كلّ إنسان صانع مصيره it means - every person is the creator of his fate. I lost my brother to a robbery a couple of years ago, and it more or less embodies the way we lived and viewed life growing up together.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
My 2-cents: I would advise a sterling silver lighter or something that's not plated. Of course that'll depend on who engraves it and the risk they're willing to take with plated items.

goliath27

My 2-cents: I would advise a sterling silver lighter or something that's not plated. Of course that'll depend on who engraves it and the risk they're willing to take with plated items.

thanks for the advice, But I have never seen any in sterling silver. It would last longer but is a plated lighter that bad?

any advice on where to get one from, or depending on the cost I could buy a couple just as backups.

Edit: haha I said buy a couple, what I meant to say was....... if I could afford One! Looking at them now on Amazon, pretty pricy

Last edited:

goliath27

Well,if you think the lighter is pricey,you might be surprised at the cost of the engraving.
After all,this is going to be an heirloom.mike

I expected the price to be up for an engraving, but to me a lighter is just a lighter. But after seeing the silver zippos, i have to have it in silver.

I can complain if i want ya know ;-)

Latest posts

Sponsors