Lynton McKenzie DVD's on ebay

Andrew Biggs

Hi Brian

They are excellent DVD's. Lynton uses hammer and chisel as well as a push graver to demonstrate with.................but in saying that, the tool is of little relevance. What is important are the principles and methods that he applies which are universal.

You can also buy the DVD's through Brownells.

Cheers
Andrew

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian
The set is for sale at Brownells like Andrew mentioned. They are selling the set at $179.85 which is substantially cheaper than the asking price on Ebay.

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My catalog number 63 from Brownell's no longer lists Lynton's DVDs. If you guys have a later catalog, maybe they are back in. I thought Brownell's always sent me their new catalog automatically, but maybe I have fallen from grace!!! :)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
So Lynton uses :hammer: in the videos and not :handpiece: ?

Sorry...just wanted to use the new icons :cool:

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks, Andrew,

According to the index, there are no listings, but the web site has the page number, and sure enough, there they are! I must always read through the entire catalog before making my posts! Or I could just continue to rattle on inanely and let you folks correct me.

Let's see, which would be more fun!!!

Andrew Biggs

Hi Sam

Yes, definatley :hammer: to cut his :drawing: and not a :handpiece: in sight ;)

With a few more icons we could learn Icon language and not have to use words. Now that would be fun :)

Cheers
Andrew

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
Brian: I Have The Set On VHS Tape I Bought Over 20 Years Ago. There Is A Lot Of Useful Information In These Tapes. They Should Be A Must Have For Any One Just Starting Out, Trying To Learn To Engrave. I Learned The Hammer And Chisel Way My Self And These Tapes Were A Lot Of Help To Me When I Was Struggling With Tool Geometry, And Lynton Shows How He Sharpens Gravers Without Fixtures. I Guess When You Were As Good As Him It Becomes Second Nature .

mrthe

ahah Sam the new icons are fantastic for posting but this thread i think need a push hand icon ! XD

Robert Morales

Elite Cafe Member
I bought the video tapes years ago too. And think about it, if you are watching :hammer:, it should be watched on VIDEO TAPE, if you are watching :handpiece:, it's appropriate to watch it on DVD! Sort of like Classical Music, it should be listened to on a record player. ;)

I was just gifted the Lynton Mckenzie VHS set from a good friend of mine. Hes now a retired jeweler but always planned to learn engraving years ago when he bought these tapes. I had a question though, these tapes are a set of 3 beginning, intermediate, and advanced. Are these the same as the dvds you guys are refferning to today? I'm so excited to get home and bust out my VHS player lol hope it still works.... I'm honored to have these

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I was just gifted the Lynton Mckenzie VHS set from a good friend of mine. Hes now a retired jeweler but always planned to learn engraving years ago when he bought these tapes. I had a question though, these tapes are a set of 3 beginning, intermediate, and advanced. Are these the same as the dvds you guys are refferning to today? I'm so excited to get home and bust out my VHS player lol hope it still works.... I'm honored to have these

Yes they are the same.

Sponsors