Meek squirrel watch.

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
Just finished with my Meek Squirrel watch. It's an old Seiko watch I bought used from a friend. While not on the same level as one from David Sheehan or Ron Jr. and others ,the ones I saw on this site certainly made me want one !
I replaced the yellow crown with a silver one ,changed from a flat crystal to a domed mineral glass one and used a cheap imported but very nice and heavy stainless bracelet. The original plain hands seem to go well with the look.The domed crystal made it hard to get a clear pic of the dial . It happened to be a cloudy day and outside is where I got my best pic. This project made me want to do another one. I think I'll do some more simple cutting on a work watch next so I can enjoy some engraving several times everyday. 20191123_154558.jpg 20191123_154312.jpg

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Very cool. There are lots of options and aftermarket parts available for Seiko SKX series watches if you want to try your hand at watch modding. Also the Invicta dive watch is quite cheap and makes an excellent base for building a custom watch. Since it contains a Seiko movement, lots of dials and hands are available as well as custom bezels and bezel inserts.

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, we know you really like squirrels. Thanks to all for the nice comments. Mark 26695-df89643bb274157188756e0e9921dc94[1].jpg

JohnC

Bruce Meek would be proud of what you have done with his drawing.

Latest posts

Sponsors