Micromotor vs flex shaft

TFACARVING

Elite Cafe Member
i have started with a dremmel rotary tool with the flex shaft that has one me well in normal carving and will get me some good detail however as previously stated they do have a lot of slop so i tend to steer away from using them for straight down cuts when trying to stone set. maybe there is more play in it now then when i first got it as most of my work with it uses sideways pressure but the micro-motors typically have much better tolerances and are generally tighter and more suited for stone setting burs and drills. that been said i also have auxiliary air running to a smaller rotary hand piece on the gravermax for even more precise background removals and close up carving on pieces Im working on. i guess what im trying to say is, every application is different and will be better suited for certain tools but if you had to pick one i would just go with the micro-motor with a chucked hand piece you can always swap the hand pieces for different applications and honestly i think you will get much more out of it in the long run.

TFACARVING

Elite Cafe Member
i just realised that what i was thinking was a micromotor was no twhat you all were talking about i was thinking of flexshaft systems like foredom and grobet motors please disregard my last comment o_O

Si si

nsk best price on the planet...........UtahHandpiecerepair.com
I concur with you on UtahHandpiecerepair.com best prices great service. I got my NSK from them. Twice in the last two weeks I had to order bits from them. I was in a pinch to get a job done and both times they had my bits at my house in 2 days no extra cost

Latest posts

Sponsors