Microscope vises

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Rex: You're hotlinking to the pics which reside in http://www.fega.com/forumpics/

If you resize and replace them there, they will show smaller here. I have no way to access the files on fega's server.

800 or 900 x 72dpi should show plenty of detail. / ~Sam
p.s. I can delete your original post and you can repost with uploaded pics, but they'll have to be 640 pixels max @ 80kb.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Cody,
Guess???
:)
Actually, I pretty much use the same face angles on a particular job. I tend to sharpen several gravers at once and place them in one area and put the worn/broken in another. I do color code certain gravers as to whether they are carbide or whatever and my "shading tools" may have different heel/face angles are color coded as well. I either just use paint or put a chunk of shrink tubing on the graver. As far as the others. I have one of the GRS carousels and keep flats in one color, onglettes in another and so on. Then there are the "extras" that I just have to dig for.

msar24

An easy way to color code them is with nail polish. My wife is a manicurust and I have a teenage daughter so I have acces to lots of colors. I just ask them for colors they don't use any more, that's because nail polish is just like clothing - it only stays in style for a short period of time (according to my daughter). A bottle lasts a long time.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Tira: Right now I'm using Dupont Teflon Car Wax in a bottle. Seems to work really well. / ~Sam

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
I'm a little confused, OK a lot confused, but why are you waxing the turntable?

Latest posts

Sponsors