Mr Potato Head Scroll for Lee Griffiths & all Of Idaho

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now that, Mr. Rabeno, sounds like an idea that should get a golden cafe/coffe mug award for best idea on the forum.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!!!!!

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lots of good tips in this thread!

I like the idea of making a ThermoLoc block around parts to protect them from the vise jaws. Seems like really you're making a set of custom vise jaws just to hold that part.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well Scott..I just hope that mug is filled with some real good coffee.

I've use this method to free up some real old rifle barrels. Dang system really does work.

Now if you fill the pail with coffee and place it over the fire.hhmmmm then not only will the barrel be lose in the morning.but you would also have your morning coffee ready too

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Wow!! Brilliant "out of the box" ideas.

Hey Andrew ... I think this'll work. With Rex's input knowing that the barrel should torque into position a bit easier, that paves the way for the thermolock, This stuff can be strategically placed around the silver inlay so there is a raised flat for the wrench (and hardwood) to grab without denting the inlay. I thought about waiting till the barrel was in before final sanding of the inlay but I really wanted to see how it was gonna come out since I was trying something new (new to me any anyway). OCD ... that's me. Barrel alignment on this thing won't be difficult since it's got octagonal flats. Boy do I need to take some notes here.

Marty, I'm gonna pass that sand bucket idea on to my gunsmith. BTW ... I'm headed to Boston soon and always pick up around ten pounds of Dunkin' Donuts coffee or Honey Do Donuts coffee. I like the Honey Do Donuts coffee personally .... the stuff is darn good and it's rocket fuel. There's quite a New England rivalry between the two coffees. You could say it's almost cult following. I'd be happy to send you a pound if you like.

I want to thank everybody for their suggestions. A HUGE help!!

Looks like I sorta took this thread off topic so I'll let y'all get back to the Potato discussion.

Don't tell your Mother that we're gonna shoot some her fruitcake out of a potato cannon Andrew!!! :) What a good, well needed belly laugh. I've been in my engraving "studio" / bunker working way too long this winter. Good to be back conversing with motivated and knowledgeable folks!!

Last edited:

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dunkin Donuts Coffee.many a early morning I would chug their hazelnut coffee and egg sandwich on the way to a gun show. They don't have them out here so when I go back to visit thekids.yup Dunkin Donuts Coffee.

and a good NY Style pizza

Latest posts

Sponsors