Announcement: My winter engraving shop.

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
I will be wintering 20 miles south of the border this year. The Canadian border, Have moved my shop into the house and am ready for Christmas engraving.

Thaught I'd show some pics of my set up. It works good. :banana:

Jim Sackett

PicturePlaque3 040.jpg

PicturePlaque3 041.jpg

PicturePlaque3 042.jpg

PicturePlaque3 043.jpg

PicturePlaque3 034.jpg

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Jim,
Looks nice and tidy! Should be better than freezing out in the garage!
I noticed the engraving bench looks a bit high? Do you stand to engrave? I would think having it lower would be better but maybe the pictures are throwing me off.
Rex

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Rex

I snugg right up to the bench and rest my arms on its sides. This is how the copper plate & stationery engravers do it. My visor is a #7 about 3 or 4 power. With my bifocals I get 4 or more magnification. About 2 inch working distance.

Yes the set up is a little high but I need room for my knees and be able to work the foot pedal. So far so good as long as I don't fall of the chair.

Thanks Jim

CJ Tate

Elite Cafe Member
Looks like you will be inside, warm and everything at hand!

reminds of a silversmith that says jewelers in the city, i think he was talking about nyc, are notorius for setting up in any little space they can get to. they have to watch about ventilation due to chemicals, with engraving that is not a problem. ;-)

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Yaw CJ I remember setting up my engraving bench in a closet more then once. One summer I set it up out on the balcony. Where there is a will theres a way. We are lucky not having to worry about fumes in our trade.

Thanks for looking
Jim

Sponsors