NASA Psyche Inspired Artwork

Monica

Hello Everyone,

I have not shared my work on this forum, but have been admiring all of your work instead. I thought that this would be the perfect time to share my first engraving project with you all. I have been studying engraving for a short time. It is an art form that I have always admired and feel lucky to be learning. Also, I am fortunate to have the best teacher in the world, John K. Barraclough.

I have been a NASA Psyche Inspired intern for the past academic year. The program aims to strike a conversation and create interest in the current mission to explore the Psyche asteroid through artwork created by undergrad students of all majors. You can see the 4 pieces that I've created for this program here:

https://psyche.asu.edu/get-involved/psyche-inspired-cobalt-class/psyche-inspired-monica-moreno/

The piece that I am excited to share is the one below. You can read about what inspired the design and more by visiting the link I listed above.

I hope you all approve.

Monica

Monica Moreno_Project4.jpg

Last edited:

Brant

Elite Cafe Member
Monica,
Approve would be a gross understatement. Your work is what most artists dream of, an inspiring project and a very gifted and sensitive mentor.
I looked at your work before I read about your program. I say magnetic fields radiating from an otherworldly object. I would say you literally knocked one out of the park.
A very inspiring project. Thank you for sharing and thanks to John for another very well trained engraver.

Monica

Monica,
Approve would be a gross understatement. Your work is what most artists dream of, an inspiring project and a very gifted and sensitive mentor.
I looked at your work before I read about your program. I say magnetic fields radiating from an otherworldly object. I would say you literally knocked one out of the park.
A very inspiring project. Thank you for sharing and thanks to John for another very well trained engraver.

Hello Brant,
Thank you very much. Your words are motivating. I tend to be my harshest critic, so receiving feedback like yours is great. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a very interesting story you shared with us ! the quality of the two works looks to be excellent. i would surely enjoy seeing them in person, as well as giving you a "well done" hug. thank you so much for sharing this.

Monica

a very interesting story you shared with us ! the quality of the two works looks to be excellent. i would surely enjoy seeing them in person, as well as giving you a "well done" hug. thank you so much for sharing this.

Thank you, Monk! I really appreciate your words.

Si si

I really enjoyed your piece it is awesome and as Monk stated I’d likewise enjoy seeing it in person..

Monica

monica: if you have time, could you please do a closeup of the asteroid engraving?

I'll see what I can do. I may be able to do a closeup of the photograph that I posted. The four pieces that I created for the program are wrapped up, getting ready to be shipped to Arizona where the NASA program will be prepping all pieces for a virtual gallery and coffee table book.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Que hermoso trabajo Mónica! Felicitaciones!
Contar con mi amigo John es sin duda grandioso pero tu también pusiste mucho de tu parte.
Espero que continues compartiendo muchas más obras de artes con todos nosotros.
Cordiales saludos!!

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Contar con mi amigo John es sin duda grandioso pero tu también pusiste mucho de tu parte.
Cordiales saludos!!

Thank you friend Leonardo. Total credit to Monica, a very talented lady.
We both hope to see much more of her artistry in the future.

Monica

Cordiales saludos!!

Muchisimas gracias, Leonardo. Agradesco mucho sus palabras. Saludos!

Latest posts

Sponsors