Announcement: New and improved Tips Archive

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thank you Salih Kara for your hard work organizing the Tips Archive! I am happy to say that the job is complete and this will make it much easier to locate topics of interest.

Also remember the best search function on the forum is the SITE SEARCH on the top left button below the Cafe logo. The SITE SEARCH button is a Google search which is amazingly efficient and you can easily locate anything that's ever been posted here. The other search (on the right of pages) is driven by forum software and is very poor.

The Engraver's Cafe is the greatest repository of hand engraving info, so have fun finding all of the treasures in our Tips Archive.

And thanks again Salih!

Patrice Lemee

Thanks Sam and Salih. A priceless resource for newbies like me. And thanks for letting us know about the Google site search. I've been using the site one and getting very poor results like you said.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
needless to say, this will please many who love and frequent this place. tyvm

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
Nicely done Salih! The Tips section looks great. Seems there are a couple topics that need to be covered yet.....*smile

Rod

Hi Rod

I will be happy if you share your ideas, please let me know what we can do to make tips archive better.

Best Regards

Julia.J

The archive looks very well organized. Must have taken quite some time to finish, thank you Salih!
Oooh, found a few articles already that I have not seen before- so the system works :)
Off to read.

~Julia

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
if anyone have any idea to improve the tip archive please let me know.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
if anyone have any idea to improve the tip archive please let me know.

When one clicks in to the archive, all the categories are blank, yet they show numerous threads within each. Scrolling down to the bottom of the page, I find a selection of how far back the display should read. Mine is set for 2 weeks. To view them all, it has to be set to the beginning of the forum. If there is a way to override the selection box and set it to the beginning, it will probably help in the long run. One never knows how many view the archive and see nothing there.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Well done Salih !
Problem - Under the "Hand Engraving" section, "Hammer and Chisel" chapter there is no video.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
OK, let me rephrase that.
Under the "Cheep way to get started" there is no video.
I have looked 4 times.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Under the "Cheep way to get started" there is no video.
It's there. I watched it. Git yer computer updated.

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I read somewhere that Google changed their API so it might be causing problems with some browsers when viewing videos.

Latest posts

Sponsors