New engraving book

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks for the info, Viljo. I ordered mine too. Pedersoli is one of my favorite Italian engravers and a true master of the art. I will treasure this book. / ~Sam

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
I'm not sure what will be in the book, but I'm certain it will be beautiful :)

There's not much about him on the web, but what I could find is stunning, here's a gallery of guns engraved by Italian masters, including Pedersoli:

http://www.fllirizzini.it/photo gallery.php

Early Christmas this year, hurray!

Vilts,

Not familiar with this, could you elaborate on the style/type of engraving that it deals with?

Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

Pedersoli is one of the Italian engraving artists and an absolute master of the bulino style. His work is entirley unique and instantly recognisable. The designs he uses are just simply mind blowing in their richness complexity, detail and beauty. In a 100 years his name will still be synonimous with the highest quality art engraving.

I would say the book would be a "must have" in any engravers library. Even if you never want to engrave a gun or employ the bulino techniques, the art of Pedersoli is inspirational and for that reason alone the book would be worth getting.

We are getting pretty spoilt these days with the number of good quality books coming out...........great!!!!

Cheers
Andrew

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Viljo: Thanks for the link to Rizzini website. I've always been a big fan of his shotguns. I've emailed Rizzini to ask if I can host these excellent photos here in the Cafe. I would certainly understand if he declines my request, but I hope he allows me to put them in our Gallery. / Sam

WDA

Viljo, Thanks for this post, what a wonderful addition to the engraving library this will be. I have
long admired Gianfranco's Pedersoli's work.

Sam, I hope you can host Rizzini's photos, what a goldmine!

If I had the expertise, there would be some new books being written today about people
promoting the engraving arts today.............bet you can't guess who would be in it!

Thanks, Bill

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If you apply for an amazon.com credit card they will knock $30.00 off the price of the book. That brings it down to about $10.00

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I ordered my book, but didn't opt for the credit card....too much temptation! If I remember correctly, I think I saw a picture of one of Pedersoli's projects, a Colt(?) semi-auto pistol, and he had signed his name on the front of the slide, the area surrounding the barrel, inlaid in gold. It has been a long time ago and I may have him mixed up with someone else with a similar name. Any way, if it was him, that was impressive!

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
I looked at the Credit Card and if you don't pay it off each month the interest is 19.?? each month variable... Stupid Uh...
Hope nothing happens that don't let you pay it off each month...
I ordered one for the Library... Got to be Great just to study and say, WOW!!!
Jerry

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Has anyone already received their copy of this book?

Amazon has postponed mine for about 3 times already and still hasn't shipped. Hopefully get it sometime in 2008.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Last delay indicated :

Delivery estimate: January 2, 2008 - January 17, 2008
Shipping estimate: December 28, 2007 - January 11, 2008 1 of: Gianfranco Pedersoli - Master Engraver
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Hope it is worth the wait.

Peter

Mike Bissell

Elite Cafe Member
Just thought I'd let people know that FEGA will be selling this book soon and has a shipping date of Feb 1or sooner. We will have a few of these books available at our Reno display. When I click on the Amazon site that Viljo supplied in first entry of this thread. I now get a price of $65.00. When I ordered it from Amazon it was $40.00 and said soft cover. The pre-release brochure that I have states that FEGA will be selling the hardcover version of this book. It will be advertised soon on our website and should be in the area of $65.00 members get free shipping. I cancelled my Amazon order and will pick one up from FEGA.

Mike

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors