monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
hey gator, be careful- theres people here that will try to make a wallet out of you ! or a pair of boots !

Gator

I think Siesta Key is over on the west coast of Florida, similar to the "Keys", but more tourist oriented.

If anyone is ever planning to come down to the Key's, please let me know. I can give you places to go that are where the locals go.
The prices are better and the food is always better, and depending on what island you plan to stay on, I can tell you where the good places to go are in that area.

The Keys doesn't really have much crime. With only one road in or out, the police can catch crimnals much easier. That also goes the same for Drunk Driving, so be careful and use taxi's if you drink.

The Keys is the kind of place where time means little, you take you watch off when you get here. Drink when you are thirsty, eat when you are hungry, and sleep when you can't stand up anymore.

You can party your butt off or sit in lounge chair all day, or night, and watch the sun rise and set over the water from the same beach/bar/resturant.

Don't bother to pack dress clothes, shorts and tee shirts and bathing suits is what you will spend most of your time wearing. Use plenty of good sunscreen, the sun down here will rip the hide off of you in 30 minutes or less if your not used to it.

And please, look in a full length mirror before you go down to the beach.
There is nothing worst then a 60 year old, 300 lbs. woman or man, in dental floss.
Trust me, it will ruin your day, and if she drops something, TURN YOUR HEAD.
You all, have a nice day.
Gator

HAHA! That's funny... I've had an experience like that before.....something you'll unfortunately never forget... :( ick.....

;)

And yes, Siesta Key is on the West side. It's near Sarasota. My In-Laws have a condo there in Siesta Village right on a private beach with pretty white sand. We stay there and then take day trips around FL. We were down there three years ago (in the Southern part of FL) after the hurricanes. It was really sad to see all those houses torn up. We did find a little restaurant called Red Fish, Blue Fish that was OUTSTANDING and very homey. I loved it there. Everyone makes you feel like they've known you for life. I really envy you....Ohio is NOTHING like Florida...... :cool: Although, I do love my hometown... ;)

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Gator
What a HOOT and very true years ago we went to the "Famous French Riveria" and don"t look Mable as the song goes:eek: . Welcome to the Forum

Gator

We have some places like the Riveria, some spots down in Key West, and almost every sand-bar or island off the coast is clothing optional.
Don't get me wrong, no one cares what someone wears or doesn't wear, but when they walk down the side of US#1, they need to wear a cover-up. If for no other reason then to prevent accidents, they can put an eye out if a string breaks.
Sometimes you wonder what people were thinking.
Gator

Latest posts

Sponsors