new wildlife thread

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
Adder - looks like that scope works like it should! Are you sure that is venison, or small bovine? Enjoy it.
Sam W - Do you pay extra to live in a wildlife park?

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
Isn't that a snapper?
Yup. Note how far back my hands are and how thick my gloves are. Some people say to pick them up by the tail- do NOT do that, the tail is a continuation of their spine, you can do serious spinal injury to them that way.

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
Yup. Note how far back my hands are and how thick my gloves are. Some people say to pick them up by the tail- do NOT do that, the tail is a continuation of their spine, you can do serious spinal injury to them that way.
Around here when a snapper gets picked up he is probably going to be a special guest at a meal.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Around here when a snapper gets picked up he is probably going to be a special guest at a meal.
My paternal grandmother in rural Mississippi always said there are seven different tastes in a turtle, and I truly believe it! I remember my grandfather watching me dress a soft shell turtle for an hour, then showed me how to dress one properly in five minutes. That old man was an encyclopedia in folk living although he could neither read nor write.