New Years Resolutions

Abigail

Administrator
Here we are, celebrating our 2nd New Years Day in the cafe.
I think we did a 'resolutions' thread last year.
I was thinking my resolution this year would be to make no resolutions, but then, that is a resolution, isn't it?

I suppose mine will be to be more organized, and exercise more this year than I did last year. (That one should be pretty easy to accomplish :rolleyes: )

So, what are your New Years Resolutions?

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Abigail,
I resolve to have a great time in Reno and to meet every last engraver that goes there.
I will also try to loose 30 pounds. Oh boy,I'm so pumped to try that. Sheesh.
I suppose I could just engrave 24/7 and forget to eat.:rolleyes:

Jim

Last edited:

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Finish ALL current projects and not take on any more custom orders so I can A. take a break, and B. learn some new things. I could also lose ten pounds, but more importantly my task is to treat my better half like a queen because she has put up with me all these years.

Joe Mason

Elite Cafe Member
Slow things down a bit. Try to do a better job of scheduling and spend more time with my wife. I did but on a few pound during the holidays and will work on that.

Happy New Year Everyone

Joe

Last edited:

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm thinking I'll just buy bigger clothes. It's so much simpler besides since we moved all of my clothes are shrinking. It must be the water or new detergent.

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Gain enough engraving skills to qualify for Grand Masters program, engrave the works for it. And then of course save enough money to travel to the other side of the world.

That should be enough for this year...

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Lee, clothing shrinks in the closet...or so says my brother! As for resolutions, the only one I ever kept that I can remember is to quit smoking and that was 30 years ago today. Now, about that losing weight...

S

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i swear, i'm going to start acting more sensible next year, i swear !

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I plan to practice engraving more than I have been and hopefully make the jump from practice plates to real objects.

Peter

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
2007 was a rough year. I resolve to have a better year in 2008. Engrave more and have more fun. Especially in Reno. And like Jim said meet as many engravers as I can while in Reno. I'll Have my pin on.

To you and yours in 2008: May all your clouds have silver linings.

Sandy

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I usually don't make resolutions, but will do so this year. I resolve to lose another 40 pounds, having lost 33 lbs so far (there goes my username!); get into shape a little more so I can hunt the hills(?) around here without getting winded; spend more time at the bench and actually do some worthwhile engraving; visit the engravers in our fine state and around the area more. All this needs just some discipline which I must have more of. I'm also going to buckle down more in my studies to learn Biblical Greek so I can read the Bible in the original language. Miss Mary is always first in my endeavors, so I resolve to treat her like the angel she is. This sounds like a lot, but it is achievable.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My new years resolution is to get outside and hunt and fish more. That gets me into pretty good shape. No more deadline jobs, but I put that one on myself. It wasn't a commission piece. Spend a little more time talking to you guys............ Not much though. I don't like this frustrating contraption. You can waste so much time on it just trying to get around stuff. I'm a computer illiterate, but I'm gaining.
Happy new year!..........Ron Smith

I'm with Peter!! ;)

I plan to practice engraving more than I have been and hopefully make the jump from practice plates to real objects.

And like everyone else, I also need to lose the 6 pounds I gained somewhere between Halloween candy and Christmas dinner.... :D

Latest posts

Sponsors