Ornate Scrollwork & Ornamental Design

Leeengraving

I have ordered Mister Alfano's Ornate Scrollwork & Ornamental Design book, and I got the Tom white transfer magic solution and film on order. I am excited to scan these images, and experiment with some printer transfers for my work. I have two questions that I could use assistance with:

First, are any other Masters offering their portfolio for purchase in a similar manner to Mister Alfanos?

Second, which software application do you all recommend for sizing the images to my desired need when transferring images to my work?

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
corel draw for me.. i think inkscape and gimp are still free on the net.

monk

Staff member
I have ordered Mister Alfano's Ornate Scrollwork & Ornamental Design book, and I got the Tom white transfer magic solution and film on order. I am excited to scan these images, and experiment with some printer transfers for my work. I have two questions that I could use assistance with:

First, are any other Masters offering their portfolio for purchase in a similar manner to Mister Alfanos?

Second, which software application do you all recommend for sizing the images to my desired need when transferring images to my work?
remember, when doing these designs by merely copying them, the author(s) may balk if the results are for any purpose other than practice. i think the term is intellectual property. far better to make a drawing on your own, scan, and resize to your purpose.

Leeengraving

Thanks, I have received a variety of responses, by personally emailing master engravers. Some said no, some did not respond, and believe it or not, a few said I could use any of their designs that I like, I guess it all depends on the person. I'm thinking there could be a real market for a digital image collection, drawn by a popular individual who owns all the rights, and expressly markets them for the purpose of selling them to engravers for the expressed purpose of transferring them to their work via printer transfer, for their customers.

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
I'm thinking there could be a real market for a digital image collection, drawn by a popular individual who owns all the rights, and expressly markets them for the purpose of selling them to engravers for the expressed purpose of transferring them to their work via printer transfer, for their customers.

Guess it just depends on the individual, but my personal feeling is that each engraver developes their own designs so as to distinguish themselves from the pack so to speak.

I don't know much so take that statement with a grain of salt, just my opinion

Latest posts

Sponsors