Palm Control Idle

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I was able to purchase a used Lindsay Palm Control yesterday. It runs great and was easy to install. The only question I have is the idle speed. On the classic the idle speed was controlled by a small knob on the air pressure gauge. Here I don't see one and the idle speed is too strong when the air pressure is turned up.

So anyone have an idea what I should be doing to control the idle speed ?

Allan

allan621

Thanks guys, I really appreciate this.

Allan

allan621

JJ

Thanks for the tip. When I first got my classic airgraver 25 years ago and Steve was more available for conversation he had to walk me through step by small step to setting it up. And then he talked me through setting up the an air compressor. So when it comes to things like setting the idle I don't do anything before I get expert advice. You and TG are the experts.

I'm such a novice at fixing things I even had a friend come over to help me change a light bulb.

Allan

T.G.III

Again, what JJ said, there are basically only two user adjustments on the unit, the idle control and the start sensitivity which is the socket head cap screw on the center of the handle near the air inlet.

You might reach out to Steve and see if he'll send you the manual, at some point you're going to need to dis-assemble the tool for cleaning and that information as well as anything else you need to know is included there.

Enjoy.

allan621

TG

Thanks for the information. But I am so mechanically ignorant it might take me a while to figure out where the socket head cap screw actually is.

Usually I just sent the classic back to Steve for him to clean and make sure everything is working well. I had the classic for about 25 years and sent it back to Steve every five years or so. Each time he made it like new and I didn't have the opportunity to screw it up.

Now this tool unbelievably has never been used. Its as pristine as if it came from Steve. So it should be a while before it needs any attention. And when it does, back to Kearney it goes.

One of the things it came with was a tungsten piston. If you need one send me a private message.

Allan

T.G.III

Thanks Allan, I purchased the tungsten piston at the same time as the air graver.

allan621

OK, engraving just silver and gold its something I'll never use. I'll put it on the buy-sell page and see if anyone needs one.

Thanks again for the help

Allan

OK, engraving just silver and gold its something I'll never use. I'll put it on the buy-sell page and see if anyone needs one.

Thanks again for the help

Allan
Each tungsten piston is machined to very tight tolerances specifically to each hand piece. You may want to check with Steve if you want to use a new piston that didn't get matched to your air graver.
JF.

Latest posts

Sponsors