Parchment Transfer and Engraving

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I have tried the parchment paper before. I find that almost all of the toner comes off on the item. It gives a good dark transfer, but that means more junk to cut through and dirt to contend with. Then if the transfer becomes smeared of wiped away you don't have the design to put back on the metal with good position. An Ink jet doesn't give as dark transfer but you can use them over perhaps as much as three times. If you have a hinge with tape it is easy to get it back if it is smeared. Just my thought. I'm everyone has their favorite method of transfer.

Jubean

I have tried the parchment paper before. I find that almost all of the toner comes off on the item. It gives a good dark transfer, but that means more junk to cut through and dirt to contend with. Then if the transfer becomes smeared of wiped away you don't have the design to put back on the metal with good position. An Ink jet doesn't give as dark transfer but you can use them over perhaps as much as three times. If you have a hinge with tape it is easy to get it back if it is smeared. Just my thought. I'm everyone has their favorite method of transfer.
hey, can you do a transfer onto say, copper with a non inkjet printer that doesn't have toner in it? (ie print onto parchment then transfer to copper)_ thanks!

Last edited:

Sponsors