Paris Museum

Dean

Elite Cafe Member
Just got back from our 3 week alpine tour , through Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland and France, very beautiful. Austria and Switzerland were by far my favorite places. Met some new friends in Austria Tom and his wife Rita, we had a GREAT day with them, they are truly great people and Tom like my self is new to engraving, he is much farther along than I. Went to there house and I was able to see some of his work, I believe he has posted this on here recently, let me just say it looks much better in person. the cuts are so very clean, smooth and sharp in detail.

We had a great time and I wanted to thank Roger and Mitch for suggesting the The Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature , what a selection of taxidermy and beautiful firearms some were the strangest looking guns I have ever seen. The engraving and carvings on these pieces were amazing.

Attachments

• Paris Gun 1.JPG
    Paris Gun 1.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 71
  • Paris Gun 2.JPG
    Paris Gun 2.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Paris Gun 3.jpg
    Paris Gun 3.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Paris Gun 4.JPG
    Paris Gun 4.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Paris Gun 5.JPG
    Paris Gun 5.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Toms work.jpg
    Toms work.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 71

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
But you didn't show any taxidermy. What guns are cool world old world engravers really use some stuff thank you for sharing. Skill comes from diligence.

Dean

Elite Cafe Member
Here you go, some griters

Attachments

• 1Paris 2.JPG
    1Paris 2.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Paris 1.JPG
    Paris 1.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Paris 3.JPG
    Paris 3.JPG