Parker A-1 special photos

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am just finishing this one. The client wanted something in the general flavor of one of the traditional Parker patterns. For this reason the shading is not as refined as it might be and the pattern not as involved. Many of the patterns for older guns were a little coarse and some poorly designed. This was fun because of the unusual scene on the bottom. I'm at the stage where I've set it aside for a few days so I can gander with fresh eyes. At this point I wouldn't know whether anything I do would help or hurt. If anything jumps out at you that needs so modifying sound off.

Attachments

• DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCF0004.jpg
    DSCF0004.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 209
  • DSCF0010.jpg
    DSCF0010.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 219

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks good Lee. Nice classic scroll look with some beautiful bulino work. Please post when it's finished. I really would like to see the finish that will be applied.
Mike

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee,
Wonderful old Parker feel-looks like it would fit right into the Double Gun Journal or the Parker Story without tipping anyone that its a 2007 model rather than a 1927 model-well done-Really like the rabits shodow-very unusual, shows that little guy is really flying try to get out of harms way. Thanks for sharing. Fred

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Lee...Thanks for sharing. The detail in the game scene is outstanding. Animal & Bird anatomy is very important when doing sporting arms, and you really have that skill right down to the shadow of the rabbit.
Keep up the good work.

Yours truly,
JJ Roberts
Manassas, VA

p.s. I wish that Parker was in my collection.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee, as usual it looks fantastic! It has that traditional look but still has that style of yours showing. A very nice combination.
I know what you mean about putting it down and coming back later. Sometimes you don't know when to stop. A fresh look the next day can give a new perspective.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee
When you go back to look at the layout and details again.don't forget to look at it upside down and if you can in a mirror. Amazing what shows up from these perspectives. We've spent a lot of time talking art and composition together...ya dun good
Marty

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like everyone enjoy the kind comments.:) Some days are all fetch and no pat on the head. Special thanks to Marty for reminding me of somethng I need to do. If you were here my friend I suspect you would see some tweeking I won't, but alas I will blunder through and it will be what it will be. For me the toughest part of these more developed scenes is getting the values to work so the landscape supports the animals (focal point) and does not compete. I will have to go back and look at that again and stand it on it's head and in a mirror to see what else jumps out. And I thought I might be done.:rolleyes:

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Lee'
Great as usual! I know what you mean about seperating your figures from the background. In real life shadows blend, but that is where artistic freedom comes in. I tend to go the other way, however and often put too much intensity in the differences in light and shadow. Have had a hard time knowing when to quit too, but the mirror is a good idea and letting my wife look at it. She will tear you to pieces. She is brutal! No mercy. Good job Lee,
Ron

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Great piece of work, Lee.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
I love the sculpted lines on the fences as well as the wonderful scenes.
Also your very wise comment about a "set aside, second look" time-out.
Best regards, John B.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee,
The purposeful lack of more shading lines notwithstanding, it looks to be missing nothing. I'm like the rest of these folks in that I wish I could see things in the perspective that you do artistically. You have a gift my friend, and you use it well.

My hat's off to you sir, now you can see my balding spot...:rolleyes: