Parker pic. and tools i used

carl bleile

Elite Cafe Member
i'll try to answer some questions , i used gravers no rotary or acid, mostly Ngraver, hammer chisel when i needed to remove a lot of metal, Gravermax for some of small and light areas, hand engraved with push gravers to clean up tool progress marks, burnisher to smooth out sculpted areas and punches to matt the background. Special tools had to be made when the work went to extra high relief. I did this Parker in a bold style because in the past i did one with a lot of detail and shading and after case coloring it was very hard to see.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 300

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
WOW!!! What can I say? Bold Carl!!! Really making a statement. I hope the owner appreciates all your labor.

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You Make Me Sick Carl!!!!!! :D Not really, Love what you've done on this one. Thanks for sharing. Dwayne

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
WOW...I really like the eagle and the way you sculpted it.

A pleasure to see your work.

Thanks,
Peter

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great work and Deeeeep, did you sell the chips to the local scrap yard:) , thanks for the photos. Dave

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
wonderful stuff to look at. if i lived another 300 years, i might try this, carl.

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
Wonderful to see, Carl. in the Cafe we are given the treat of not only being able to see this caliber of work, but we can read the artist comments about how the actual work was accomplished.
Thanks for sharing.
gailm

finn

Elite Cafe Member
really nice work.

the triger guard looks nice i like it that you cut 100% through it .

very nice