Paul Revere's engraving?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
paul_revere_engraving.jpg

Experts at a Boston museum opened up a 1795 time capsule buried by Sam Adams and Paul Revere. Paul was a fine silversmith and engraver and it stands to reason that if he buried this time capsule that included an engraved silver plate, he's the one who engraved it.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
no microscope, no sharpening system, no power assist ! no mistakes ! absolutely beautiful. thanks for showing, sam

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
paul_revere.jpg

I posted this a few years ago. It's a masonic invitation engraved by Paul Revere.

TexasPatriot

That has to be priceless. All these going's on and ina week or two if I remember correctly there's a three night special on History about Sam, Paul, Ben and a couple other mis-understood hero's.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Sam,Paul Revere was a great patriot,silversmith and engraver,he and his fellow founding fathers could have been hung if they were caught.Wish we had men like him here today. J.J.

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
I had read that Paul Revere was an Engraver, but haven't read much about his work. Haven't seen photos of much of his work, either, which obviously would have to recovered and on display somewhere. Maybe someone's undertaken the effort to post his work somewhere, after trying to find same?

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
That is just some cool stuff. I love reading and learning all of these things anew. I got passing grades in school but didn't dig further than the few paragraphs we were taught on various history topics. Now I read an hour a day on many topics in more depth like this....

Donny

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
DanM- re; Revere's Massacre
I assume these are the ancestors of today's antigun faction, being shot down like dogs ?

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's a superb plate/photo.

From the inscription, it appears he was the Grand Master of Masons in Massachusetts, the term Most Worshipful is reserved for the presiding Grand Master. Right Worshipful is usually used for subordinate officers of the Grand Line. (At least that's the way it was done when I was active in Maryland)

I'm always in awe with objects like this. The Grand Lodge of Maryland has a museum housing significant Maryland objects. They have some really interesting pieces such as a desk used by George Washington and one of his Masonic aprons.

Sponsors