Pentel White Marker

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
Wandering around the local art supply store a couple of days ago I noticed this white marker made by Pentel in Japan. I decided that it was worth a try for $3.00. This stuff is awesome. You have to shake it well but it then produces a solid white that you cannot rub off with your finger and takes a pencil line perfectly. Even the pencil line does not smudge. It dries instantly and engraves with no chipping or any other of the normal problems. I like easy and this stuff is the best and easiest I have tried. It comes in a 1 inch can about 3 and 1/2 inches tall with the lid. It is a white colored container marked "Pentel WHITE 100W". If you google Pentel white marker you can take a look at it.

Unkl Ian

Found them on http://www.rapidsupplies.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=18016

Would you recommend the narrow one,or the wide one ?

Last edited:

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
Unkl Ian

I got the wide one for faster coverage. I forgot to mention that this marker cleans up instantly with acetone.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
cant find these where i live. i did try a "cosco" brand window marker. they aren't suitable. the stuff lays down good, but removes with fingering and doesnt take penciling .

leschowe

Elite Cafe Member
I found another product which worked even better than the Pentel White. While
at an art store looking for the Pentel White I found an interesting Sharpie product.
The name on the marker is "Sharpie Paint -- White, Bold Point, Oil-Based, Opaque
Paint Marker". The marker is totally white and comes in 3 different Point
sizes. I purchased the Bold point which is a large chisel point.
I tried both products and the Sharpie product went on much smoother and was
much easier to write on with a soft pencil, I could even easily erase the pencil
lines without disturbing the white surface. Both products were easily removed
with acetone.

Les Schowe

Unkl Ian

Picked up a White Sharpie today,from my local Business Depot.
All they stock is the "fine point".

Also available online: http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=&webid=11771&affixedcode=WW

Dries slow enough to flow out flat,washes off with Lacquer Thinner.
Mineral Spirits isn't aggressive enough to remove it.

Worked well in my brief test,didn't chip as I was engraving.

The White "fine point" is pretty big,compared to the regular fine point Sharpie markers.

Latest posts

Sponsors