Phosphor bronze Canada

Kriwokon

I am trying to source phosphor bronze somewhere in Canada and I can’t seem to find it anywhere. I am hoping to find 14 gauge and I would like to do some stone setting samples as well.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Your other source would be the suppliers for bronze casting in your city. But bronze is less commonly provided in sheet form. Not sure if the link I put will get you 14 gauge. But, depending on your quantities, you may many to broaden your search in to the states.

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
C51000 bronze, use that to search. Maybe you get more results.

here some more names:

Here in the Netherlands I can get phosphor bronze sheet from a metal supplier that sells to businesses but also to end consumers, like hobbyists. Surely somewhere in Canada some shop must sell this bronze. Don't need to buy directly from a manufacturer. They probably have large minimum orders.

Here these guys make stuff out of metal including phosphor bronze. Maybe they can help you source it or sell it to you:

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i may be mistaken here, but i think phosphor bronze is a bit too hard to engrave.

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
I find it engraves very nicely and also is very nice to practice stone setting. It has more strength compared to copper. When setting stones a copper bead breaks easily when making a mistake. The phosphor bronze can bend much more and you can bend it back and it wont break of like copper.

If you havent tried it I recommend you do. It will also shine beautifully when cut with a high polished graver. Hss can cut it without a problem.

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
Rio Grande stocks bronze sheet in 6" X 12". 16 gauge is the heaviest sheet available through Rio. They also offer Jewelers Brass which is available in heavier gauges and when polished is virtually indistinguishable from 14K. Jewelers brass is a bit harder than silver, but cuts well, and works very similarly to silver.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
if it cuts like gold, there may be different alloys floating about.

farmer57

I second what Goldjockey wrote. Rio's 16g bronze is very nice to work with and polishes really well, resembling 14K. It is a bit stiffer then brass of same gauge and bright cuts nicely.

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
Just remembered OttoFrei sells also the phosphor bronze. Dont know it Otto ships to Canada.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just remembered OttoFrei sells also the phosphor bronze. Dont know it Otto ships to Canada.

Otto definitely ships to canada

Latest posts

Sponsors