Photopolymer Plate

preachinpilot

I recently read a thread regarding the use of photopolymer plate. Researching last night I found photopolymer plates and quick art reverse film from art clay. I am looking for their use as a master for pantograph masters. The plates come in 18, 26 and 59 thousandths depth of developing.
what plate to use and who to get it from . Reverse art film to make a true black transfer for detail in the film is out of stock.
any sources and or usage instructions are welcomed. Thank you

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i've done a few hundred pantomasters using .o62 engravers' plastic.easy to cut and will last a long time. not really pricey when using them for commercial work. asls have use aluminum which i had a plentiful supply. the aluminum was less user friendly to cut, but did work. i have never heard of the process you mention for creating master plates. i forgot to mention, pantomasters aren't really useful( at least for me) to include a lot of fine detail.

peteb

Elite Cafe Member
I recently read a thread regarding the use of photopolymer plate. Researching last night I found photopolymer plates and quick art reverse film from art clay. I am looking for their use as a master for pantograph masters. The plates come in 18, 26 and 59 thousandths depth of developing.
what plate to use and who to get it from . Reverse art film to make a true black transfer for detail in the film is out of stock.
any sources and or usage instructions are welcomed. Thank you

monk

Staff member
give a link to what you were questioning. maybe we can give a better answer that's useful to you. .062 is an ideal thickness for panto masters. by cutting with a # 54 round graver, you can use both sides of a 6 x 12' PLATE. 6 x 12" is a very good size for most pantograph copy tables.this master has produced almost 40 of the keystone. and maybe 70 or so for the one on the left.

Attachments

• PLATE 83.jpg
    PLATE 83.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

monk

Staff member
after looking at the video, for me, that would take too much time, a uv light needed, a wash station. all the wait time, etc. ugh ! tyvm for the link

monk

Staff member
curious to know which depth you use. the .062 plastic i use allows maybe .o25- .030 depth. i find the panto work is kind of tricky to do when the depth gets too shallow.most of mine were cut by hand. i got smart, scan my dwgs into corel, convert to .plt file, then send to my cnc engraving machine. way quicker than cutting by hand.

Latest posts

Sponsors