Platinum ring designs

I was sent ring on left to cut the matching platinum ring on right, I don't always like having to match others styles it takes much longer then starting from scratch but at the same time it's always nice to see what other hand engravers are doing. I don't think the pictures are very good but I'm going to put them out never the less. Criticism welcome always need to learn more.

God Bless
Ron Proulx

Attachments

• oakleaf2rings.jpg
    oakleaf2rings.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 148

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
I think the only thing I would have done differently is to have used the same element design as is used
in the centre head of the engagement ring. It looks like a triple millgrain, or a double with a modification.
The magnification isn't quit enough to see the detail. The leaf pattern doesn't look right to me. The loop would
have given the ring more zip. If this was someone else casting then you work with what you get.

Last edited:

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron the engraving looks great but I think the ring they sent you wasn't a match. I'm taking it they sold it for a matched band. They must have used another engagement ring and altered the top center to fit a smaller center stone. It looks like it needs more sculpting around the bottom of the heads in order to match the engagement ring. Ron you did your job the goldsmith should have made it match better. Just my thoughts.
Mike

Thanks for the comments. The ring I did was custom made by the store and the prongs for the center stone where much different then the one sent to me, the width was double
so I gave it a two sided oak leaf in the center with mill left and right, yet the outer curves where half the width so I was up in the air myself about what to do.

Thanks again & God Bless
Ron Proulx

Latest posts

Sponsors