Power Hone Dust cover

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
As it s not something you find in engraver suppliers Catalog, but nevertheless an import Health issue..
I d like to show my quick home made version of a "grinding dust remover"
I d really like to see some pictures of other versions
... even maybe making some companies thinking about it s importance to their customers life expectance ;-)

Attachments

• _20181018_064542~2.JPG
    _20181018_064542~2.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 144

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
Recently I made a powerhone. And also a cover because I dont want the dust everywhere. Not only is it bad for your health. The metal dust can also damage electronics. Because it is conductive.

I have not made a suction attachment. I only work with Hss. Still learning. When I will start to use carbide I want a vacuum attached.

Attachments

• 20181017_141656.jpg
    20181017_141656.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 76

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
You can make a dust catcher out off a plastic Tupper Ware bowl thats whats I did. J.J.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
don't need one. i use the wheel wet. by controlling the disk rpm and the amount of mineral oil applied, the mess remains on the disk. now & then a spritz of wd40 & a tooth brush ( over a trash can )and the disk is good to go.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Frank, is your vac slaved to the sharpener switch? If it isn't, or if anybody else is interested, woodworking suppliers (Rockler.com, et. al.) have special switched outlets that kick on the dust collector when the powertool is triggered, so you don't have to turn it on separately and never forget it.

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
thanks, Mitch,
No it isn t connected too, you see the switch cable on the Right on the pic..
and sometimes , even the switch is just aside, I Forget to put it on..
thanks for the link, will certainly have a look, this is the next Level I have to go

Last edited:
Reactions: RDP

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
It would be nice if grs made a leather pad for their sharping system. Mine is home made using an old lapp on my WWW.Raytech-Shaw.com Faceter machine. Variable speed 25 rpm to 1000, water cooling to prevent the tooling from overheating, and completely removes any dust from tool grinding from the air. It increases the lapp life because of the water cooling, and dozens of different diamond lapp grits from 60 to 3000. I use a ceramic lapp with 5000 – 200,000 grit for final polish. Plus, the tooling stand table has vertical adjustment of about 2 inches And if I get P.O. about the engraving I will start to facet a gemstone and make a ring for the wife. It never hurts just to give the wife a nice set of earrings or a ring to help support the cause.:beerchug:

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Mitch, I ll have to find one with Swiss sockets, These are even different than the
Standard european ones

Attachments

• 4008928335040_p01_b.jpg
    4008928335040_p01_b.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 8

Borzzza

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Mitch, I ll have to find one with Swiss sockets, These are even different than the
Standard european ones

Swiss sockets are killers))) I always forget to bring an adapter from home and have to buy new one when traveling there, and with my luck it’s usually Sunday evening when I need one...)))))

Latest posts

Sponsors