Practice plate for watch dial

colinskelly

Very cool Colin. What case and movement are you using?
The case is all custom in 14k rose gold. I'm using an ETA movement and the dial will be made with platinum with inlaid rose and yellow gold. We are keeping the watch stuff pretty basic to make servicing it easier for the customer.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The case is all custom in 14k rose gold. I'm using an ETA movement and the dial will be made with platinum with inlaid rose and yellow gold. We are keeping the watch stuff pretty basic to make servicing it easier for the customer.

ETA is always an excellent choice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product :beerchug:

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Really nice Colin. I recently built one and used a Selllita movement I purchased from Otto Frei. They indicated that the eta would soon be unavailable for retail and that the Sellita was exactly the same. Whatever, your dial looks pretty darn cool :)

colinskelly

Here is the silver prototype for our 1st custom watch. the copper dial is only partially completed. It was intended for a sample to show the customer before I started cutting in platinum. The cad design and casting guys here at Greenlake jewelry really did a great job. more to come...the customer is still undecided if they want engraving on the case. IMG_20180713_122655_861.jpg

colinskelly

Really nice Colin. I recently built one and used a Selllita movement I purchased from Otto Frei. They indicated that the eta would soon be unavailable for retail and that the Sellita was exactly the same. Whatever, your dial looks pretty darn cool :)

Thanks David. I think Sellita was involved with manufacturing for ETA in the past. I'm not sure of the details but i believe the movements are the same, just different name. either way they have "off the shelf" parts so most anyone can service them.