practice plate

jacques herbst

Elite Cafe Member
here is a practice plate that i just finished.its for a competition on Steve's site with gravers and a lap up for grabs.

Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

Hi Jacques

The design and execution is superb!!!!!! I really like it. You've done some really interesting things there with your backgrounding.

That is by far your best yet. It wasn't that long ago you were asking questions about fine line shading.

Just beautiful

Cheers
Andrew

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You got my vote. I like everything about it. Dang good composition and scroll work that'll wake you up. I need to go to the shop now and throw all my stuff in the trash.:rolleyes:

jacques herbst

Elite Cafe Member
Greetings Johan it took 3 days to draw and 6 to cut that is in the time i have in the day for engraving not full time.wish i did not have to work and could spend more time on engraving.thank you guys for the kind words.the questions will never stop they might just get stranger :eek: :p :D

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Very well done indeed Jacques. Makes me wonder how many great photos I have taken over the years of my fingerprint. Sorry, just couldn't help myself...I have done that many times. S

Andy

Elite Cafe Member
Jacques.....You remind me of Andrew. Every time you post something it shows improvement over your previous posts. You show an extreme level of tool control for such a short period of time. You have obviously been doing a lot of practice. I like the composition as a whole very much. :) Your artwork is advancing rather well also. Keep up the fantastic work.

Tezash

Hi Jacques,

This is nice practice plate, you are almost there, keep it up. There is a lots of improvement in this one.
Tez.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
By FAR the best work i've seen you post Jacques. As was stated, your work has improved very much.

Congratulations are definitely deserved.

Well done.

Peter

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jacque,

SUPER DESIGN AND EXECUTION! I have one question though. Is the "crosshatched' background relieved or did you shade the background to make the scrollwork look as if it's raised? Ok, two questions! If it is relieved first, how did you do the crosshatching so clean in a depessed surface without "nicking" the scroll outlines? However you did it, I'm impressed!

Mark

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice!
I wondered how you shaded the background as well. I take it this was done with dots? It does make the scrolls jump out at you.