Prudhomme Gun Engraving Review

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Ie got a signed and remarked copy (#8). Jack even doodled on the cardboard package. I showed it to Roger at one of Scott's engraving gatherings. I often wonder what it's worth.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Jack Prudhomme was a HUGE influence on me early on. He was the first engraver I had ever seen work. Prior to him, I was the only engraver I'd ever seen work. We became friends and I have all of his tools, vise, and miscellaneous things from his workshop in Shreveport, Louisiana. He was a fine fellow, a patriot, and Masonic brother.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a pro wresteler, engraver, and helpful friend to all those that crossed s path.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
BIRTH15 Mar 1911
DEATH25 Feb 1990 (aged 78
Forest Park East Cemetery
Shreveport, Caddo Parish, Louisiana, USA
MEMORIAL ID8870326 · View Source

A world renowned Master Engraver and author of The Gun Engraving Review. His gun engravings are are part of the permanent collection at the R.W. Norton Art Gallery in Shreveport, LA and his book is on display at the Smithsonian.http://www.rwnaf.org/collections-specialty.php"...more than 140 rare and unusual firearms are assembled in the Antique Firearms Gallery. Many of these are finely engraved and inlaid with gold, silver, and platinum. E.C. Prudhomme, a local resident and a master engraver of international reputation, produced the exquisite semi-relief scroll engraving on some of the firearms displayed."

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
no available copies found is what it reads today at this fine book gallery.

papart1

I just entered the book name on ebay.............alot of islamic stuff but nothing on Mr Pruhomme.

JJ Roberts

Anyone remember the practice plates Mr. Prudhomme sent to all members of FEGA back in 1982?he wrote to me asking me about where I was trained,do I engrave with hammer& chisel or Gravermeister and said he like what I did. What ever happen to the plates? J.J.

Last edited:

SamW

Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
JJ, I believe the plates are (or were) in the Norton Museum in Shreveport.

Sam, I have #30 of the first 300 numbered and signed books with a note to me by Jack. It is in mint condition and still in the plastic wrapping. It ain't for sale.

• Wow
Reactions: Sam

Sam

Staff member
JJ, I believe the plates are (or were) in the Norton Museum in Shreveport.

Sam, I have #30 of the first 300 numbered and signed books with a note to me by Jack. It is in mint condition and still in the plastic wrapping. It ain't for sale.
What a treasure! Mine is signed but not personalized. I do have a knife he engraved for me though.

Sam

Staff member
Care to share a picture?
He engraved this for me in 1980. He modeled some of the elements with punches, which I asked him about. He sent me a note about making tools for modeling and sculpting.

Attachments

• prudhomme_1.jpg
    prudhomme_1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 38
  • prudhomme_letter 2.jpg
    prudhomme_letter 2.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Sponsors