Question about coloring

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks ive seen some nice products but im from the netherlands so it will cost even more to get the products here. My budget also isnt the heighest since im 17.
Well the you have long time to acquire good tools and skills. This is Journey not a race.take your time save money practice drawing.
i believe that apprentices are still in use in your country,a very good way to start out. Good luck and please show .your work as you progress.

Thanks ive seen some nice products but im from the netherlands so it will cost even more to get the products here. My budget also isnt the heighest since im 17.
Well the you have long time to acquire good tools and skills. This is Journey not a race.take your time save money practice drawing.
i believe that apprentices are still in use in your country,a very good way to start out. Good luck and please show .your work as you progress.
Thanks. I already draw so much that it becomes hard to start. Unfortunatly in my area this almost nowhere practiced and isnt available travel wise. And yeah i understand thats its a journey but im trying to figure what section i like in knifemaking so i dont want to invest unless im sure i want to continue that path

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
Maybe you can ask someone who has the equipment if they can help you.

Vakschool in Schoonhoven has equipement to color titanium using baths so you can color the whole piece at once. So you need to use some paint or nailpolish to protect the parts that you want to anodize in a different colour. And always go from the Highest Voltage color to the lowest. That way you can keep removing the paint from the different parts 1 color at a time.

Maybe you can send the school an email and they might let you use their stuff. They dont have the pen anodising as far as I know. But maybe they have it.

I can explain in Dutch if you want. I am also from NL.

Maybe you can ask someone who has the equipment if they can help you.

Vakschool in Schoonhoven has equipement to color titanium using baths so you can color the whole piece at once. So you need to use some paint or nailpolish to protect the parts that you want to anodize in a different colour. And always go from the Highest Voltage color to the lowest. That way you can keep removing the paint from the different parts 1 color at a time.

Maybe you can send the school an email and they might let you use their stuff. They dont have the pen anodising as far as I know. But maybe they have it.

I can explain in Dutch if you want. I am also from NL.
Thanks. Great tips. Thats really nice. I go to graafschap college and i think they will have some stuff. Maybe theyve got an lab machine that il be able to use.

Latest posts

Sponsors