Question for Sam - re: Kornbrath

Bill Brockway

Sam -

There are a number of reproductions, probably 30 or more, of Kornbrath's engravings in Jack Prudhomme's book "Gun Engraving Review," together with work by Griebel, Bruehl, Alvin White, Joseph Fugger, Bill McGraw, and others of that era. The book was copyrighted in 1961, and published by "Gun Review Publishing Company, Shreveport, Louisiana," which I suspect was a company formed by Prudhomme, himself. My guess is that the publishing company no longer exists. Prudhomme, I believe, is deceased now. I'd be happy to copy a few of these old photos to the Bulletin Board, if I thought it would be legal. What's your take on the advisability of doing this?

Bill

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Bill: I don't know if it's legal or not. I knew Prudhomme well enough to know that he wouldn't have minded, that's for sure. He was very open about our art and encouraged people to learn. I received an email from his daughter a few years ago, but for the life of me I can't find it now. If she could be contacted I suppose she could give permission. I'd love to host the photos, but it should be done with permission from family.

threefingerdave

Elite Cafe Member
Hello
I just purchased that book by E.C. Prudhomme,s "Gun Engraving Review"
I believe it was brand new as it was shrink wrapped
so i think it may still be in print
the ISBN # for the one i purchased is 1-884849-13-x
The reason i posted this is because i would hate for anyone to get in trouble
Oh .... I bought book on Ebay.

on the inside cover it says "First R&R Edition"
1994 Edition
Published by R&R Books
Hope this helps
It is a Great book
Dave

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the gentleman couldn't have been too bad, early on he was a pro wresteler for some time. long ago he had a foto of a derringer published in one of the gun mags. i got brave and called the man. he very graciously talked with me for quite a few minutes. he seemed a true friend to a newbie and quite humble regarding his own work.

Latest posts

Sponsors