Running wheat border question

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've been doing some practice plates and have been working on putting together actual designs including borders, scrolls, and lettering.

I'd like some ideas of how to handle a running wheat border in a square corner. Namely, a crossed ribbon in the center with the wheat leaves running toward the corners.

I've found a few examples where various engravers just leave a blank square in the corners, but I know there has to be a better way to handle the corner

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
http://www.igraver.com/pbase.shtml

Not the running wheat, but Sam has lots of tips here. When I do square corners and running leaf, I try to make the spaces work out to where they start, with each other, and going both ways. Another way is to do a square corner, but put a rosette in it. That looks pretty classy. Do a ribbon bow with the ribbon ends morphing into the running wheat!.
Good luck, and let us know what you do!
Will

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Use proportional dividers to lay out the size of the elements so that the com exactly to the corners then add any embellishment you desire at the corner. Flowers, one of the Greek/roman akroter crests or shell motifs or a grotesques or perhaps even the ribbon ends all could work to name just a few. Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors