SAA Work Holding Question

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
GRS now has a version that is round with a leather top that was suggested by Sam Alfano. Like Ray's, which I have enjoyed, the GRS version sits flush with the inside edge of one jaw. As a result, it works when drawing on something held between the jaws, such as shown above, but it covers all the holes on the top side of its jaw, so you can't use pins in that side to hold something.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam i have the same plate from Ray i did modify it by removing the felt and drilling/tapping a few holes in it I use this for the gold inlay hold downs that Frank showed us he uses.. so i made a few works great

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for showing that Sam, will work better than a block of wood or trying to steady my right hand on my left hand!...

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
Sam i have the same plate from Ray i did modify it by removing the felt and drilling/tapping a few holes in it I use this for the gold inlay hold downs that Frank showed us he uses.. so i made a few works great
Would you mind showing a photo of it with the gold holddowns you referenced?

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's it! I'm looking into making one myself, but if someone here wants to earn a little cash and make a few, I'll take one. Thanks Sam.

Latest posts

Sponsors