sculpting by Mr. Alfano

santos

Elite Cafe Member
I'm with Papart :
You are gifted for teaching. Thank you Sam
Just a question : How can you engrave all the day long with this parrot near your working place?:)

Reactions: Sam

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Sam...........do you use "Thero-works" spray for hand cramps please? If so does work pretty good?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Sam...........do you use "Thero-works" spray for hand cramps please? If so does work pretty good?

I have not heard of that. I don’t get cramps but after 40+ years of engraving my right hand does get stiff and I’ve had cortisone injections.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A lineament called “Two Old Goats” works for me to relieve muscle cramps and stiffness. I know it sounds weird but it works.

papart1

A lineament called “Two Old Goats” works for me to relieve muscle cramps and stiffness. I know it sounds weird but it works.
for us old guy's gotta have some thing. If I work at the block too long my hands seize up.......then as a added bonus for sitting the calf muscles bring me OUT of bed!!!! I'm gonna dig some of this up, thanks for the turn on. paps

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If I work at the block too long my hands seize up.......then as a added bonus for sitting the calf muscles bring me OUT of bed
Eat more bananas. Cramps are due to low potassium levels. I tried the Goat stuff and it did absolutely nothing for me or my wife.

monk

Staff member
Eat more bananas. Cramps are due to low potassium levels. I tried the Goat stuff and it did absolutely nothing for me or my wife.
i get serious contracture of usually my left hand, sometimes my right. also leg cramping at night. are you serious about the bananna thingy?

papart1

I also have to watch eating too many nanners, they lower my heart rate

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
Paps, I don't know if you do this but when I was starting to engrave hand cramps were a problem. I finally realized that fear of slipping caused me to white knuckle my hand piece. When I relaxed my grip on it my hands didn't cramp and I think I had better control. Hold the hand piece don't crush it.
Leland

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Could be lack of potassium, salt also works for immediate cramp relief.. could be the dupetrons, in that case bannanas won’t help. Or salt

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
Paps, I don't know if you do this but when I was starting to engrave hand cramps were a problem. I finally realized that fear of slipping caused me to white knuckle my hand piece. When I relaxed my grip on it my hands didn't cramp and I think I had better control. Hold the hand piece don't crush it.
Leland
Like Arnold Palmer said about the golf grip: pretend you are holding a bird securely.

papart1

Thanks Leland, I too learned to relax, took quite a while. They still rear their ugly head tho. The repositioning of my hand to avoid impaling happended about 6-9 months, mid 2016 I believe, this action solved alot of poblems both in safty and relaxsation. paps

papart1

I am going to get my new silentaire bab 50 in a little while. I'll post.

Sam this video is exactly what I expected. It's a work of your artistry. Thanks
I agree, it goes over all the questions that have come up for me while practicing my sculpting. The DVD course goes over everything you need to know in order to learn the technique. AAA+++ Sam. Thanks again

monk

Staff member
Nobody complains about their hand getting stiff when they were 30 years old. This should tell us something. There is no cure for old age. Sorry folks. Only one thing got stiff then.
that's it ! i'm gonna start a medical forum for engravers only. 50 bucks to join, five bucks a month. send money to the mayor of duncan aenue.

Sponsors