Critique Request silver bands

JakeW

I engraved these silver bands and never done anything quite like them so let me know what you think. Thanks

Attachments

• DSC08544 (1).jpg
    DSC08544 (1).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC08552 (1).jpg
    DSC08552 (1).jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 242

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I guess I'd start with the black background. It's not nearly deep enough as I can see high spots in various places. I don't care much for the design on the left ring, especially with the row of millgrain running over the elements. The three bars might have some significance, but artistically the design is pretty weak. You obviously have potential and I think with a better design you'd really shine.

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You obviously put a lot of work in here, so I'm reluctant to be negative, but I concur with Sam, the design could be livened up. On a brighter note, you obviously can engrave quite small elements pretty well. Keep on keepin' on and you won't be able not to improve.

Last edited:

JakeW

Thanks for the comments. I meant to comment sooner but life is busy. Despite the economy the store I work at (William Travis Jewelry) is still very busy. I make more contemporary jewelry so I was trying to incorporate that into my engraving. Sam, I am coming to GRS for your combo class with Diane and I am very excited to learn more.

JAKE N

Very unique and cut quite clean. Keep it up and the combo class you're taking will be well worth your time. Keep posting.

With JakeW and Jake N this could get very confusing ;)

Latest posts

Sponsors