So...what'd you get?

sdcoxx

Elite Cafe Member
I got GRS Study Kit Without Books....
I have been struggling to design, layout and draw scrolls...
I have studied Ron Smith's books for months. The pages are highlighted and have tabs.
The addition of the Ron Smith designed practice plates will be very helpful....
The Buck knife will make a nice pocket piece...
Stephen

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi Tira.. yes you can tell Santa he can pick up your gifts at my house but cannot use my escalade ..

hi gargoyle .. you may be surprised on what my escalade get on gos .. 16 to 17 around town 18 to 20 on the road .. now you may say that isn't a lot but i have a 403 horse power engine with all of the other goodies , boy it is a good feeling when you take off from a dead start at half throttle , i am afraid to give it full throttle .. so i don't think the gas mileage is too bad .
Andrew .. i do love driving this truck . go to the cadillac web site and look up escalate ext. mine is silver ..
hey all of you guys and gals on the forum have a happy new year and hope to see you in reno .. ron p

bye the way .. this was a gift from my boss to me

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
SDCoxx

I got myself an after-Christmas present of the little N'Graver Scroll Design Template kit. It's a set of three templates with 1) Scroll spines, 2) Inner elements, and 3) Outer elements.

You draw the spine and then add elements as needed. You can use just the elements to make borders as well.

The kit is intended for exactly what I want it for - teaching you how to draw your own scrolls and elements so you don't need it. They note that when you reach that point it can still be handy in filling the occasional corner or other odd space. Only had a little time to try it out last night but my first attempt looks pretty good (on paper).

The ever-indulgent wife will probably get me the classroom in a box with the books for Valentine's Day. It should count under our rules because it's jewelry related. Since you've got it you can tell me if it qualifies under Rule #2 (which is where most of the things she gets me fall).
Our Valentine's Day gift rules are that the gift must be:
1) A 'traditional' gift
or
2) Have something red.

I encourage others to take up these rules as well. It makes it much easier to get something a guy will like if you use them.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Merry Christmas to all, I received the title of grandpa. My first second generationer, a little girl. I keep telling everyone she looks just like me...........except the eyes, nose, mouth, chin, hair (she has some) etc.. Not to many of my grandkids will look like me. God really is merciful. We can only hope it continues into the 'don't act like me as well'. In anticipating this new arrival the clothes I should have received all shrunk and became pink. I found out the bottom of the food chain can be lowered a link.:D

noud peters

Congratulations Lee,
A wonderfull gift. I hope some day such a gift will be mine.
I got a nice travelingbag so I can viste some other engraving or stonsetting course. I thank my wife and kid for that.

Noud Peters

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Congrats Lee. I think you probably got the best gift. Darcy will kill me if I don't ask for some pics.

David

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mother and baby will be here in a few hours. They are staying for a short while until my son in law can get everything moved into the new apartment close by his new job. Sadly it is 2 hours to the south. So much for my gas bill and visitation rights. A photo will be forthcoming.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations Lee. Our grandson is 8 hrs away and it really tears Grandma up (Grandpa too!). We received notice we will be getting a grandDAUGHTER soon, due the end of February. Hopefully she will not be a leap year baby. Here are a couple picture of our pride and joy, Hank.

My gift this year is the trip to Reno. Miss Mary is way too good to me.

Attachments

• Hank 1.jpg
    Hank 1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Hank 3.jpg
    Hank 3.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 106

fjkratky

A day off! I work in Retail as a store manager, and it has been a Long Christmas. The week after has been worse with the returns and exchanges. Funny how the Christmas Cheer turns into the Snarly Returns!

Family spent Christmas day at the neighbor ranch had great food, shot clay birds, and had a good time by all.

Frank

David Glasser

guess I have to brag, I got a Lindsey classic W/ foot control. Got the co2 setup as well as the air compressor regulators. Maybe next year Santa will leave some talent.