Announcement: Steven P. Fjestad

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It is with great sadness that I relate the passing of Steve Fjestad.

Steve was my editor, publisher, and more importantly a good friend. After the challenges of writing a book about gun engravers for another publisher in 1980, I had no intention of trying another. It was with Steve's encouragement, guidance, and support that my next two books came to be. As a result, Steve, Scott Pilkington, and I attended the IWA show in Nuremberg, Germany then traveled to Italy where we visited with all of the prominent engravers. Everywhere we went, Steve was greeted like a brother. I felt like I was traveling with a celebrity. It was a trip I will never forget.

Steve was a connoisseur of gun engraving and personally knew most of the world's prominent engraving artists. He was also a great supporter of the Firearms Engravers Guild of America whose members will feel his loss profoundly. Steve was also the publisher of the Italian Master series of books featuring Pedersoli, Terzi, the Fracassis, and the Pedrettis.

Each year my wife, Cathi and I would attend the Las Vegas Antique Arms Show and the NRA convention where we were Steve's guests. Cathi came to know and love Steve like everyone who knew him. We were both devastated by the news of his passing.

It is natural for people to say nice things about one who has just passed on but during Steve's life, I only heard positive comments about him from anyone who had ever met him.

Requiescat in pace Steven P. Fjestad

Below are images of Steve with Scott Pilkington and me in Brescia, Italy and Steve with my wife Cathi and me at the 2016 NRA convention. Note Steve's humorous "Doctor of Gunacology lab coat.

Attachments

• Brescia 3-crop.jpg
    Brescia 3-crop.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 121
  • NRA2016c.jpg
    NRA2016c.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 118

edgrabow15

Elite Cafe Member
So Sad. Being fairly new to the Art of Engraving I would be lying if I claimed to have known Steve, Honestly I have never heard of him until just now, The beautiful things I have just read about him Make me realize that I missed knowing one of the greats, The best I can do now is Pray that he Rest in Peace and that all of his Family and Friends feel the out pouring of Love and respect from the Engraving Community and know that He will always be remembered fondly by all who knew him and those of us who didn't but wish we did, RIP Steve. You will be missed.

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
after having read his obit, he must have been one very interesting person to have known.

I agree Monk. His ancestors probably from Norway. Both "Svensrud" and "Fjestad" is common lastnames in Norway (in Hedmark county)

Jørn-Ove

Si si

There truly is still some people who are just good people and it sounds like this man was. I extend my respect to his family and friends may he RIP

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
When good friend like Mr.Fjestad has passed away that been a big help to you it's like losing a library. J.J.