still kicking

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi folks. I've been doing a bit of engraving again. I thought I'd ask for constructive feedback and tips.

on this silver ring I tried winding the pressure down to give me more resistance like I'm used to when engraving titanium and such. I can't believe the palm control will still run even if the gauge doesn't know there's any psi there at all.

does anyone know pro tips on beading tool use?
do folk sharpening differently for gold and silver vs harder metals and why? 20240810_215407.jpg

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
sweet spidi.........................ah the rest is nice too

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
after seeing these few pieces, i think you have little need for a tip. very nice looking stuff you showed.

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm trying to see how small and fine I can work. Today's project is on these 925 earrings I bought off ebay. I struggle when I background not to mess up my scrollwork, what's the trick to just getting the background out without making a mess of what you have already done and needing to re cut everything? do I need steeper heels angles or something?

also... how do I achieve the finest possible shading work? small heels?

thanks anyone in advance 20240812_152030.jpg

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just tried to lay out how i would like to see this design shaded, however this is probably too small for this to be possible, but the aim here is to stretch the realm of possibility.

any pointers on how to do the absolute finest possible shading?

Travis Fry

Good to see you back--I've recently wondered what you were up to. Probably too long ago (and brief) for you to have any reason to remember, but you're one of the first engravers I ever corresponded with back when I was wanting to get into it circa 2013 or so. I appreciated your feedback then, and your scroll design style is still one of my favorites I've seen in all the years since. I still refer to your work for design inspiration. The Danae+Del Raso combo always makes me smile as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors