This is mind blowing!

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is pretty cool!

It's now only pretty cool, but a little eerie, spooky.
There are forces at work greater than ourselves.
The big bang probably also proscribes to the golden mean as well.
Even Sam will be quite surprised by your observation.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
RONG ! it's just a chambered nautilus 150 jillion billion skillion miles wide ! we all dance to music we cant even hear.

auto45lee

The golden spiral can be seen in sea shells,ram horns,sunflowers,a parrot's beak,the arms of galaxies,the cochlea of the ear,filaree seed,whirlpools,ect. It can be observed in living and non-living forms,from the smallest to the largest. Why is this spiral found so often in nature? Could it be an example of the repetition of useful forms which one would expect to find in a world created by an intelligent persoal being?
Lee Ferguson
www.fergusonknives.com

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
There are endless examples of the Golden Mean. As JCP said, a google search will turn up plenty of good reading.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It isn't surprising that we like scrolls, is it? They are part of us and we part of them. :)

I agree, and this is a question/theory that I toss out to my engraving classes. You can't find a corner of the earth where scroll decorations haven't been used since man began creating art. What is it about this spiraling design that captivates us? Since it exemplifies the Golden Mean, could it be that we're genetically hard-coded to like it?

DaveH

I have a Zen alarm clock (brand name, made in Colorado) that wakes you by striking a chime in accordance with the Golden Mean. It is a really nice way to wake up, unlike most alarms that scare you awake !

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
even your brain has certan rhythmical patterns that it follows. music of certain types that follow closely to the brains' natural cylcles allow for pleasant , relaxing feelings. or emotional upheavals. certain colors will relax you, some will excite you.odors, tastes, textures, nice engraving, lousy engraving ! we all dance to music we cant hear ! it's nice ! the entire universe strives for balance.

DaveH

Sorry for not being more precise, instead of trying to describe it myself, I copied an excerpt from their web page.

"Each Zen Clock's 'E tone' chime has been hand-tuned to produce the same tone as the tuning forks used by musical therapists. The 10 minute chime progression sequence follows the "golden ratio progression shown in the graph on the right." Zen Clocks come with a 40 page booklet detailing their many uses and their harmonic design."

Unfortunately, the "graph on the right" wouldn't copy, so if you really care enough to check it out, just google Zen clock.

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Does the water turn in the oppiset direction in Austraila? if so then does it go straight down on the equater?

Does a bumerang describe the Golden Mean in its jurney back to the thrower?

Jim Sackett

Latest posts

Sponsors